Relationships, whether marriage, romantic, or family, contribute a lot to the world. We were born with the desire to bond with other people. Stepping into such sacred relationships require constant effort, hard work, understanding, and open-mindedness for both genders. Usually, men are the ones blamed for ruining and ultimately ending a relationship. The reasons are apparent, and men tend to finish them because they do not focus on these sacred bonds.
As a man, you may not feel emotions as strongly as your female partner. If you are one of those men facing any relationship problems, get in touch with me, Thomas J. Jameson, and eradicate your dilemmas.
Different Types of Counseling
Don’t shy away from professional help if you want to save your relationship. It is essential to consider honest opinions and a professional outlook on your relational situation to look into the matter from a fresh perspective.
1. Relationship Counseling
Forget all the preconceived notions of only seeking counseling as a man when your relationship is close to breaking or a divorce. As soon as you face complicated problems, it is best to undergo counseling sessions. If you see these signs, contact a therapist or a counselor:
- You face troubles while expressing your emotions to one another.
- You face unsolvable problems.
- The interaction with your partner comprises feelings of contempt, criticism, or withdrawal.
- Any stressful matter is taking a toll on your daily routine.
- You seem to not meet your partner on the common ground during the decision-making process.
- You or your partner experienced infidelity, addiction, abuse.
An average couple waits six years before seeking counseling. Don’t let hate or guilt fester in your heart and mind. You want to solve your problems and prevent the relationship from breaking.
Relationship counseling is a great way to show you want the relationship to work as much as your partner. You can take up online marriage counseling or online couples counseling if you aren’t comfortable with the traditional face-to-face counseling.
2. Family Counseling
Here’s when you should consider taking family counseling services:
- When you feel the energy draining while doing routine work for your family seems like a burden to you.
- As soon as you feel your emotions, including excessive anger, fear, sadness, depression, getting out of hand.
- Experiencing communicating with the family has become hard. Instead of speaking, you stay silent or feeling staying alone and away from them has become a norm.
- If you experience the symptoms of violence or constant thoughts of it swimming in your mind.
- You feel utter hopelessness or helplessness in your family life.
- You have any substance abuse problem, including an eating disorder, alcohol, or drug abuse.
3. Premarital Counseling
This counseling type helps the couple prepare for their long-term commitment by developing a healthy and robust relationship before marriage and identifying any problems beforehand.
Here’s what this type of counseling solves:
- Values and beliefs
- Parenting choices
- Family relationships
Why Go For Online Counseling Methods?
You can opt for:
- Online marriage counseling
- Online family life counseling
- Online couples counseling
- Online relationship counseling
If you face problems like:
- You live away from your partner or family for an extended period and in different locations. Its considered best when you are in a long-distance relationship, or you split up with your family and partner and need to reconcile. If this is the case, online counseling is the best way to communicate and understand each other with a professional medium to help both sides understand one another.
- You are a frequent traveler, either for business purposes or job. Online counseling options allow a flexible appointment time scheduled according to your availability. You can be present for your appointment no matter where you are on the globe.
- Sitting in front of a counselor and talking about your problems and feelings can be intimidating for men, women, and families. Online counseling is the best solution if you are one of those men who feel uncomfortable or anxiety-ridden during face-to-face counseling.
Online relationship counseling services use video sessions and online chatting as widely used tools. These online ways for men to channel their emotions and be comfortable talking about them are necessary if they want to be the best version of themselves in their relationships.
Have questions or want to schedule your first session? Please call (808) 796-0887.